Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Neverending circles

"Je vais essayer de faire ce blog en anglais ainsi qu’en français. Je m’excuse d’avance si mon français n’est pas au top - laisse-moi un p’tit mot dans ‘comments’ pour me corriger. Merci, bonne lecture et surtout bon knitting !"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was amazed at how simple the moebius cast on described in Cat Bordhi's book "A Treasury of Magical Knitting" was. She claims she can do it behind her back and whilst that requires a level of dexterity I can only aspire to, it was easy. However in my usual instant gratification manner I was cavalier about the guage and thought 160 stitches 'seemed about right'! It was impossible to judge the size whilst knitting as the circular needle is coiled in a moebius so it was a surprise when I cast off to find I had more of a scarf than a cowl! Still it looked fine on my friend Maureen when we wrapped it round twice. So soft too - this is a mixture of a soft eyelash and a shiny boucle yarn. I will try again with fewer stitches next time - a lot fewer stitches.

Je surprenais que le 'Monter Moebius' de le livre "A Treasury of Magical Knitting" de Cat Bordhi était trop facile. Elle dit qu'elle peux le faire derrière son dos. Je n'ai pas la même dextérité mais il était facile. Toute fois, comme d'habitude j'avais besoin de satisfaction immédiatement et je n'ai pas vérifié mon échantillon. Je montais 160 mailles. C'était impossible pour savoir le taille pendant que je tricote parce que l'aiguille circulaire était enroulé. J'avais étonné quand j'ai rebattu les mailles. J'ai eu une écharpe pas un capuchon! Quand même nous l'avons enroulé deux fois sur le cou de mon amie, Maureen, elle n'était pas mal. Le fil est très doux, un mélange d'une fil bouclé brillant et un fil fourrure couleur arc-en-ciel.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

Thank you for coming to visit my blog, I have always wanted that Magical treasurey book and have been trying to resist but I hear Amazon calling. Can't wait to see what You do with the yarn

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done with the moebious - it's a great technique and the cast on that Cat uses is definately the best.

i'm looking forward to seeing the list of wip/ufo's to see what else we have in commeon!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home