Monday, August 27, 2007

Help appreciated with SP

At last photos of the Swallowtail Shawl, which could more appropriately be called the Frogpond Shawl for me. I liked knitting lace but I need to make sure I am concentrating and don't get my rows mixed up.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used a 100% lace weight alpaca from Georges Picaud in a chocolate brown.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Embarassingly this is a Christmas present for my SIL - Christmas 2006!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The nupps were no problem with the needles I was using (bamboo circulars that I bought really cheaply of ebay).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

By an astounding coincidence my SP11 spoilee has just posted her finished Swallowtail shawl to her blog. It was also her first lace project and also a present for her SIL.

I could really do with some advice for gifts for my pal. The only interests other than knitting listed are cross stitch. I know nothing about cross stitch but fancy dyeing her some threads. What should they be wool, silk or cotton? What sort of thickness? Any other bright ideas for cross stitching gifts?

I have had this yarn in my stash for some time. The shawl took 90g and I have 125g left - more than enough for another shawl. If anyone would like it leave a comment and I will send it on to you.

We have had 3 sunny days in a row now so I guess that is summer. This shot of hawthorn berries looks kind of autumnal.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maylin,
Love the swallowtail might just inspire me to do one. For your SP silk or cotton and space dyed would be fab, it might also be useful to put a selection of yarns of similiar shades together with a piece of fabric and turn it into a creative stitching project challenging her tothink outside the box.
How is yopu Son getting on?
Janice your SP9 spoiler

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

love the yarn maylin if its going spare would be ideal for hospice:)
how about needles and fabric for the cross stitch?

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maylin, the shawl is beautiful! I particularly like the picture of it almost in shadow, it really plays the light through the lace nicely.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful swallowtail shawl! It's lovely. (and I'm sorry I don't know anything about cross stitch!)

8:53 PM  
Blogger yvette said...

Your shawl is gorgeous, what a lovely gift.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home