Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Stuff from the Blogisphere


My creation, originally uploaded by maylin.tan.

I found this on Emma's blog Y Lloeren. Just a bit of fun. Why not give it a whirl. Here are the rules.

The rules:

a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.

b. Using only the first page, pick an image.

c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.


The Questions:

1. What is your first name?

2. What is your favorite food?

3. What high school did you go to?

4. What is your favorite color?

5. Who is your celebrity crush?

6. Favorite drink?

7. Dream vacation?

8. Favorite dessert?

9. What you want to be when you grow up?

10. What do you love most in life?

11. One word to describe you.

12. Your flickr name.

The other thing I picked up today in Blogland is this from Tutley Mutley's Blog. It is a little video on how to Navajo ply 'on the fly' on a drop spindle. That is to spin and ply all in one go. So clever, I will give it a go soon, I am fascinated by clever, elegant algorythms.

I have a couple more FO's as well.

Tudora

Photobucket

Less than one skein of Malabrigo Worsted in Pearl Ten.

an Hermione's Cable and Eyelet Hat

Photobucket

Less than a skein of Malabrigo Worsted in Orchid. This a pattern devised by Jackie from a publicity still for the upcoming film - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I had to undo one pattern repeat as it was way to big at first. I am hoping that my niece who is Hermione's biggest fan will like one in grey (the colour in the film).

On Olympic news I am behind schedule with Rogue. I would estimate that I am about 15-20% through having done one and a half sleeves and just started the kangaroo pocket. So time to knuckle down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home