Monday, October 12, 2009

Wonderwool Wales 2010

I'm moping. I have just received the booking forms for Wonderwool Wales 2010. I had a great time there the last 2 years and was really looking forward to going again. However there is now a requirement to provide Public Liability Insurance which I can see is going to be a problem.

To get insurance in the UK I would need to be registered at a UK address. Getting insurance in France requires me to be trading in France which I don't do (and have no desire to - the bureaucracy is unbelievable - and expensive). Sigh.

I wish the event would just organise some insurance for everyone and charge us accordingly. Or that is was possible to get insurance just for a one off event.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

5 Comments:

Anonymous sylvchezplum said...

Hey maylin, I'm not sure what this insurance thing is, but if you ever want to be trading in France there's this new thing called "auto-entrepreneur" which is super simple and quite cheap in tax. You can all do it online too apparently.
Nice to hear from you btw :-)

7:14 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

I was talking to my neighbour, who does arty things with kids involving GRANITE - who says BLoomingtons (or something like that) quoted her insurance at about £100 per annum. She suggested several of us could get together as a GROUP and approach them for a quote - to cover shows and retreats - whaddya think???

9:36 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

I googled temporary public liability insurance and found a company called constructaquote.com who apparently do temporary cover for up to 100 days. As you only really need 2-4 days for WW, that might be useful. I would just google and see what you find. I hope you sort it as I like what I bought from you last year and hope to see you again this year.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Emanation said...

Well I really missed your stall it was my main attraction and was sooo disappointed that you weren't there - next time contact me and I'll book the stall in my name and get the insurance in my name too - you can pretend to be my employee - ANYTHING!!!!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Debt Help said...

A beautiful day, I would recommend it to everyone, fondler child or not. Next year will probably go and camp and two days.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home