Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hippy Cat

Some years ago we bought a catnep plant from a nursery stall. This is no ordinary catnep. Cats go wild for this. We have passed on cuttings to numerous friends who have had to resort to growing it in hanging baskets or similar so that their cats do not demolish it. We grow ours in a cage outdoors but pot it up and bring it in for the winter. It was recently in bud so we nipped out the ends to let it bush out. Here is our cat Painter getting the scent.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Have just found your wonderful blog after doing a search for others with an interest in yurts. The setup you have in France looks idyllic. The cats certainly looks happy with it.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo of him licking it-- what a happy happy kitty! Oh, that our days could be filled with things like napping and eating catnip. I think I want to be reincarnated as one of your cats!
;-)
- Secret Pal "Selkie"

9:37 PM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

My two would love some of that catnip!

When you leave me comments, your password is anonymous (needs to be enabled in your profile) - so I can't reply!

I'd like to know how you get on with your Louet?

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home