Thursday, September 06, 2007

What a F**king liberty

You have heard me moan about the onslaught of the slugs demolishing all before them in the garden. Well outside is one thing. My bookshelf is quite another. I discovered 2 slugs procreating attached by a cord of slime to my treasured copy of Unexpected Knitting! So much slime. So much grossness. I was traumatised all evening!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's obviously an insect time of year as I found these previously unseen-by-me caterpillars looking like they were in black leather and consuming only nettles. Carry on chaps!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Autumn is galloping upon us and the goats have been greedily eating the fallen pears. They are so funny to watch as they select ones to go in their mouths whole, then toss their heads back and roll the pear around their mouth until they can get started by getting the first bite in (life is hard without hands). Afterwards they smack their mouths and lick their lips - they are hilarious.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had 2 great parcels from Fyberspates this week. Never mind the yarn, our biggest cat, Fish, would like to say a big thank you to Jeni for sending him the lovely paper bags to get in. As soon as they were empty he got in and stayed most of the day. He loves getting in bags and boxes even ones patently too small for him. When I make the bed in the morning (well usually the morning) he waits until I shake out the bedcover that goes over the duvet, then dives under (as in a parachute game) and will sometimes stay all day there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last Sunday I went to my first french birthday party (Elfie's - the daughter of friends) - what well behaved children. No feeding frenzy ripping open presents but everyone watching and complimenting each other.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lots of party games too including a treasure hunt.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I did a market stall in aid of a local animal rescue last weekend. I dug out my stash of around 200 silk shirts. I originally bought these from a fabric recycler with the intention of cutting them into strips and knitting them. I have ended up selling a lot though, really cheap, as they seemed too good to cut up. I've had them for years now, though, and they are getting more and more creased (well I'm not going to iron 200 shirts am I?) so I think it may be time to implement the plan. Before I do if anyone has a hankering for a silk shirt let me know what colour and size you would like and I will see if I can help out. email maylindottanattiscalidotfr

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew, ew, ew! What a thing to find hanging from your bookshelf! At least you can turn to your goats for amusement. Say, they don't eat slugs do they? Perhaps if you introduce them to such slimy delights that'll be your problem solved!

4:32 PM  
Blogger yvette said...

Yuck, I hate slugs, shredding silk shirts and knitting with them sounds like a great project.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a funny cat!!!!
if you click on the pics in the shop it rings up all the info about the product, so thanks for the comment, I have added 'click for details' on the end.
Yuk to slugs, and blimey to all those silk shirts!!!
jeni
fyberspates

4:27 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

OK... I couldn't even get through the rest of the post. The slugs made me... wait, let me check... yes, I think I threw up a bit. Oh, the horror. THE! HORROR!

When I calm down I will come back and read the rest. :-)

(hugs to you, Maylin!)

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess what? guess what?
I am coming to the french knitting show in paris again this year in febuary, do you think you will be able to come???????
jeni
fyberspates

4:05 PM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Ah, our Spook seems to have the same habits as your Fish! She loves to get in every box or bag, and when it's time for clean sheets she loves getting stuck under the fitted mattress sheet, then the duvet. She waits on new delivered boxes, sitting there impatiently, until the box gets opened, contents evicted and in she goes.

Fortunately, I didn't read about your slugs until after I'd had my morning lemon and ginger tea, else I'd be heading to the bathroom too....

11:35 AM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Although we don't live in France we have a house near Chinon and spend an increasing amount of time there.

We have lots of your black caterpillars...they live exclusively on nettles and turn into peacock butterflies. So make sure you keep a patch of nettles!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home