Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Been a While

Lots of reasons why.

This year has been difficult and will probably remain so for a while. Emotional stuff for the most part. My mother was very ill and died in March.

It was always going to be traumatic but as these things go it was probably the best it was going to be. She died peacefully, without pain having received the Last Rites which seemed to reassure her. This is a favorite picture of mine from her younger days.

secretary mum 002



One positive thing to come out of it was the opportunity to reconnect more than superficially with my 3 brothers.

They say you never really become an adult until both your parents are dead. It has certainly been a time of re-evaluation for me.

One consequence of that is the decision to put more effort into the yarn dyeing. I want to think it out more thoroughly though before launching forth, so the Etsy Shop is on a bit of hiatus just ticking over with a few things in it. I have lots of other stock that I will be clearing through the blog and through Ravelry, ready for a fresh beginning in the autumn.

Now I just need to get to grips with this camera....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

welcome back we missed you. So sorry to hear about your mother but glad it helped with family reconnections
happy Solstice

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home