Friday, July 07, 2006

Le Tour

Today the Tour de France passed near by and we tootled of to catch a look.

My email outbox is playing up so though I can receive I cannot at present send. So for my brother and wife, Gareth and Holly, in Seattle, and my son's co-worker, Brian, in Bristol UK, all of whom are keen followers, here are the pictures I cannot email.

The nearest point to us was Ambrières-les-Vallées but we opted to go for Oisseau a little further on as we were running late and being a smaller place we thought we would get a better look.

We arrived an hour and a half before the leaders but it was not boring. The many forerunners, sponsors I suppose, had already started coming through in funny vehicles chucking out advertising freebies which seemed to bear no relation to the Tour. We even got sprayed down by one of the bottled water companies (luckily I covered the camera).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then came 2 bikes in the lead with a huge entourage of cars and motorbikes surrounding them (it was hard to see the bikes). Then after a short pause everyone else in a big group. Then loads more cars with bikes on top. Then it was all over.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo-- I've been watching it on TV. And to think if I'd known to look in the crowds to try to spot you!

- Secret Pal "Selkie"

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home