Friday, September 22, 2006

Sad Day

Thank you all for the positive thoughts you sent for my friend Nick. After a few glimmers of hope the doctors concluded from tests that brain damage was too extensive for recovery. Life support was stopped yesterday and he died peacefully without regaining consciousness at 7am this morning.

I hope Lorena wont mind me borrowing her words because I can't say it better.

Let the people that you love know how much they mean to you. If there’s something you want to do, don’t wait; do it. If there’s a dream you’ve been having, reach for it. If you have children, hold them tightly and let them know that you will always love them even if or when you’re not around.

Make the most of today. Make the most of everyday.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Oh, Maylin, that makes me weepy. Life is so precious, and can be too short. I'm so very, very sorry.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful letter. I hope that you will find peace and comfort knowing that your friend is no longer suffering. As a long term care CNA, I know how hard it can be when friends and family are faced with this decision. And you're right about living and loving every day.
To quote the musical RENT..
"There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love
Or live in fear
No other path
No other way
No day but today"

Peace and warm thoughts be with you and yours.

3:09 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:20 PM  
Blogger kiki said...

dear maylin,
all my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family.
k

4:22 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Maylin I am so sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts are with you

9:31 PM  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

I am so sorry for your loss, they were the perfect words

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your friends and family.
Your funky Scarf pal

12:05 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

So sorry for your loss.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home