Monday, August 28, 2006


On Sunday I was due to demonstrate spinning at a Countryside Show locally. So when I got stung by a hornet on Saturday it was sure to be in my right foot! I think it was dying at the time or I probably wouldn't be up and about now. I had bear feet and trod on it and did it hurt! It started swelling straight away and the pain was stunning. You hear alot of stories here about the danger of hornet stings and the accepted practice is to go to hospital if you have been stung in the past (which I have). I rang a friend for advice, I was in such panic she might have been forgiven for thinking I was in the throes of anaphylatic shock! She talked me down however and made me have something sweet to drink, lie down and watch a dvd to take my mind off it. When I spoke to her half an hour later I was much more in control and although in pain and with a swollen foot I was coping. It was lots better by bedtime but I woke in the middle of the night absolutely maddened by the itching! I took some antihistamines which relieved it but have had to keep taking them or the itching comes back. Two days later and it is swelling again and is painful to walk on, so I might end up going to the doctors yet. C'est la vie.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch indeed! I have been stung by a weaver fish and that was bad enough.

your scarf pal

9:54 PM  
Anonymous myra said...

now my friend i've found you! thanks for a very exciting summer. i hope you have been as spoiled by your SP as you have spoiled me. i've loved all your gifts, but the spindle took all prizes. how on earth did you know i was really really yearning to learn how to spin?!?! i can't wait until i get the chance to try it out. a friend had already promised to teach me, i was just short of a spindle.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Ouch indeed! I hope you're feeling better by now...?

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home