Thursday, January 11, 2007

In 2007 I will...

Ok I guess it is time to set my New Year determinations in stone. So in no particular order...

In 2007 I would like to:-

1. Be a better correspondent, especially to my mother.

2. To aid myself in this I need to consolidate my address book. It was difficult sending out Christmas cards since as you can see (this is just a representative sample!) I have addresses in a multitude of old diaries, notebooks and bits of paper. I have been known to send birthday presents to old addresses since I lose track of which is up to date. Time to change.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3. Sell more on eBay than I buy. In financial terms that is, I have already sold some DVDs and made a lose as I didn't realise the postage charges had gone up or how much Paypal charged for the privilege of using them.

4. UFO's - all projects currently in progress (I will be posting on this soon) to be completed or frogged by midsummer.

5. In future I will make notes on or label ALL projects. Especially if I make alterations to existing patterns or make it up as I go along. Hopefully then I will avoid the situation of some of my current UFOs where I have no idea what I was doing or why the pattern with the project seems to bear no relation to the work in progress.

6. I want to knit more from my stash. I am even considering joining the Knit from your Stash 2007 movement. I need to fine tune the rules though to make sure I will be able to stick to it.

7. Talking of stashes, I have more than just yarn. In particular I have in excess of 250 silk shirts left over from some that I bought from the recyclers to tear up and knit. Unfortunately some of them were just to good to contemplate tearing up and they have become presents, been sold on stalls etc. Now, though it is time to deal with the rest. (If anyone out there has a desire for a silk shirt, email me the size, colour and any other desires and I may just have one to suit!).

8. Ditto to 7), I have a large stash of wool jumpers etc from jumble sales (that's what I do when I visit the UK) which I was going to felt and make stuff with, so I need to get on with that.

9. Every year I endeavour to read at least 10 books by authors I have not read before. I have always managed it and appreciated it. I am reading less these days though so I think I will set my self the target of 5 by authors I haven't read (I am talking fiction here not knitting) and 5 recommendations I wouldn't normally have read. I am going to start by reading something by Sheri Tepper on the recommendation of my SP8, Lorena.

10. I shy off the usual 'lose weight and get fit' resolution since for years I would resolve but not do. However I am inspired by my Funky Scarf pal, Linda, who has lost loads of weight. I definitely need to do something about my health as I have suffered a lot of joint pain lately which I am sure can be helped by diet so I will leave it at a determination to prioritise my health.

11. Of course I want to knit, last year I wanted to get to grips with cables which I did and this year I want to tackle lace. I also want to make lots more gloves. They are nice portable projects, make great gifts and a little of some really yummy yarn goes a long way. Like socks there are thousands of styles and designs and I would like to experiment and investigate. So for me 2007 is the Year of the Glove.

12. I want to blog a bit more and to lurk less and comment more on other blogs.

13. Well that is a nice balanced number. So to round it of I would like to try to live more by the buddhist principles I ascribe to. In my dealings with others to communicate from my higher self to their higher self. To take responsibility for all my words and deeds and accept the consequences. To try and live more in the moment and not worry about the past or future too much. To attempt to create value in everything I do. To be happy.

'Nuff said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

good resolutions:) have emailed you

5:18 PM  
Blogger Papillon girl said...

stick to the last resolution and all else will come right anyway.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home