Friday, January 12, 2007

FO and UFO's

First finished object of 2007, and it is a Christmas present (late). I have 2 follicully (spelling?) challenged brothers and a similar son. Since they all seem to wear beanies (only black of course) I thought I would make them in some really soft (but not girly) yarn. This is Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk. Lovely to knit but with a slight tendency to split and deliciously soft. For the next one I will increase the rate of decrease near the crown to flatten the top a bit more and maybe alternate the decreases between left and right slanting and see what that looks like.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Next up ... the table of shame. My UFOs after I frogged the ones I wasn't going to complete and removed the 4 crochet projects that currently hurt my hands.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1. Keiths brown shetland jumper that I spun and knit him and which he burnt a hole in the back of by leaning against the rayburn once too often - to repair.

2. A little damage to a tank I knitted him that needs repair.

3. Cardigan from my own handspun almost completed but not sure I have enough yarn so may have to alter it a bit (approximately 19 years old!)

4. Cushion cover in Colinette Fandango and sari silk - halfway through one side.

5. Pink chenille lotus bud bag - 25% complete.

6. Sari silk bag, too wide and shallow, need to lengthen it.

7. Shorty cardigan from Rowan pattern (adjusted) in Colinette Point 5


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

8. Triangular garter shawl in Colinette Silky Chic and a commercial boucle.

9. Fingerless gauntlets in Colinette Tagliatelli 47% complete.

10. Isabeau Tote in SWTC Oasis Soysilk

11. Pair of baby boottes - one done. Of course there is an incentive to finish these now.

12. A scarf in SWTC Melody.

13. A triangular shawl in some strange yarn I got from Prudence Mapstones stand at Ally Pally.

14. A coat in Colinette Shimmer 5.

Also currently on the needles (begun this year) another beanie hat in Sublime and the Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Fall 06

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It happens to all of us, though I tend to frog to yarn as soon as ther seems to be a problem. Of course the issue with that is stash collection of frogged balls... sounds dirty doesn't it! :-)
I would like to try the swallowtail but don't have the pattern. There is a KAL for it though.
Rayburn? I am envious we have a Wanders doing cooking top, oven and central heating. Want to swop recipes? :-)

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maylin, I believe it is "follicly". You neglected to mention that your siblings also have heads on the rather large side.

Love you,

Gareth

12:04 AM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

You are a woman after my own heart. I also have at least one UFO which is (too many to calculate) years old. And I'm too ashamed to list em all.
Follically Follickly Follickally Follicly. Hmm.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home