Thursday, December 13, 2007

Frost and Fire

The temperature has really plummetted in the last couple of days. Even at the late hour I get up the frost is still everywhere and as the sun rises every weed and fallen leaf is rimmed with rime frost.

So I had to take some photos. Click on the top image to see the next.





It reminded me of a quote I once read to the effect that the Celts believed that the mundane was the edge of glory. A lovely thought - that the sublime can be glimpsed in the ordinary. The Buddhism of everyday life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Those are beautiful photos, Maylin; you have quite the eye!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely photos! Keep warm :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Lovely pics, but brrr. I love little details.

Just wanted to pop by to shout "I GOT THE PARCEL"! I'm overwhelmed by your generosity! The purple dyed goats hair is lovely. I felt so gleeful when I opened the lovely pink package that I had to pounce on the dogs!!! I'm away over the weekend but will be back for Chrimble day - will try and play with the goodies then. (hmm, thinks, must get spindle - portable spinning!).

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home