Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wishing you all a non wheezy new year

Well sorry to be away so long. I seem to have succumbed to the current round of colds, flu, coughing, sneezing etc. Even after 10 days I still feel rubbish especially towards the end of the day. I could sleep for Europe which isn't helped by the abysmal light.

I have done a fair bit of knitting though (goes with watching DVDs), though not much catching up on WIPs!

Anyway some pix:

My favorite Christmas Card.

Photobucket

The cat has such a fiendish expression!

My favorite Christmas presents:-



I LOVE getting knitterly presents. The books are wonderful and the Knitpicks needles are just divine to knit with. It has really got me going on sock knitting. I finished the ones I was on and have 3 or 4 more on the go!



Even Marge fancies a pair!

funny pictures
moar funny pictures

Did you see that I got a hat book for Christmas? Well I also bought myself this

Photobucket

And I have this winging its way to France at this moment. So I think I might be knitting a lot of hats this year.

I joined a sock knitting KAL and a mitten knitting KAL on Ravelry and am thinking of joining the Scarf a month KAL at Hanks So I just need a hat nitting KAL and I should have next years Christmas presents done in plenty of time! Well thats the plan...

Talking of sock knitting Ambermoggie has committed to knitting socks every month to raise money for her local hospice. She could really do with some sock yarn sponsorship so if you have a hank you don't need in your stash, do yourself a favour and donate to this good cause.

A few months ago my brother sent me a huge parcel of knitting goodies including 2lb of saffron superwash merino roving. This week I tied it in a really long hank and dip dyed it royal blue, turquoise, magenta and scarlet to give a lovely vibrant melange of lots of colours. I have split it into lengths of 1 colour repeat and begun to pre-draught it.



I want to spin it as a 2 ply with long colour repeats as in Noro. I then wanted to make a sideways knitted jacket similar to Hanne Falkenburgs Mermaid. But the pattern isn't available on it's own so I put in a plea on the Pattern Detectives group on Ravelry and they came up with a free alternative from Drops/Garnstudio (scroll down to pattern Z-319). That is such a great group.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy new year!

I love your presents and look forward to the hats. :)

Thank you for the tip on that Drops pattern, I think that I like it more than Mermaid. I love the merino you have dyed for it, it is going to be beautiful.

I am still waiting for the delivery of yarn from China...sigh.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Happy new year!

There seem to be some very nasty bugs going round at the moment. Like you, my OH has a nasty cold that has hung around for a couple of weeks. He too could sleep for Europe!

Love the roving, such beautiful colours.

10:21 AM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

I love that card!

5:20 AM  
Blogger TutleyMutley said...

Gargh! there are sooo many bugs around - get that vitamin C and echinachea down yer! I was going to offer you Woolly wormhead's book as a presi but I see you have it on the way anyway - I went to the Ravelry outing at Get Knitted and woollywormhead, plus the 'baba' bump and a couple of her books were there along with loads of other folk.
Have I got your snail mail addy? I owe you for that lovely fleece.
Happy New Year to you too, Maylin ...

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home